Every Third Sunday
At Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary you can
Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary Inc. is a non-for-profit organisation formed by a dedicated band of volunteers, including long-serving curator Ray Revill,
to ensure the future of the sanctuary and its inhabitants.
- Be greeted by Charlie, the 30 year old Long Billed Corella
- Learn about Australia's largest land predator, the dingo
- Interact with our five dingos, Didge, Karla, Kora, Girri and Pup
- Feed kangaroos and wallabies. Look for joeys in the pouch!
- Admire our colourful Australian birds in the free flight aviary
- Be entertained by the cockatoos' antics
- Learn about snakes... their eating habits, habitat, and more
- Wrap Muscles, the diamond python, around your neck... if you dare!
- Feel the smoothness of a blue tongue lizard
- Give Kadar, our resident camel, a kiss!
We are located in the Heritage City of Maryborough, Queensland, a 3 hour drive north of Brisbane and a short 30 minute drive to Hervey Bay, the whale
watching capital of Queensland and the gateway to spectacular Fraser Island.
Our canteen provides delicious morning and afternoon teas, as well as light lunches. Hot and cold drinks are available. A range of souvenirs are on sale.
Take advantage of our BBQ facilities and enjoy a family picnic with a difference.
Our knowledgeable volunteer staff are happy to guide you and hope you enjoy the sanctuary as much as they do.
Click here to see what is happening at the next Sunday Market!!
Interact with dingoes and
learn about dingo behaviour.
Help to feed the kangaroos.